Tarni - here comes the girl shark
Pre-orders will open on 6 August 2022 at 3 a.m. Eastern Time for Megaplex 2022 - make sure to locate Tarni at the inflatables panel and as she moves around the con, and get your special con discount for this pre order! You don't have to jump in right away.
Please read this carefully if you plan to pre-order this item. Updates will be posted regularly. Please also follow us on Twitter for more.
Tarni is the friendly shark girl, based on the anthro sand shark girl design by Kittell Fox. Our shark design is an attempt to blend her female appeal with the looks of a classic inflatable pool shark. And make her big enough to float on her and more.
Tarni is a custom-grade inflatable. She is approximately 2.5 m long (8'4") and a single-chamber design. The toy is made from 0.4mm extra soft vinyl with a flat, reinforced body seam (and normal seams on the fins). Her printing is a gradient ink-jet printing to reflect Kittel Fox's anthro Tarni's original pattern.
Since I got quite a few questions regarding the size of Tarni - most people were under the impression that she is the same size as the historic 92" Intex tiger shark: first, the 92" (234 cm) tiger shark was only ca. 220 cm long when inflated. Tarni is 250 cm long when inflated, but has a bulkier and overall, more balanced body with longer and bigger fins. You can see the difference in a photo in the product page gallery as well as a reference photo with a person that is 177 cm (5'10") tall.
All photos are made with the sample for the "custom" version with flat seams on the body and pinch seams on the fins. The photos represent the final version, which is planned to go into production in September 2022.
Watch the walk-around video of the final prototype:
The price given is tentative. It may increase during the pre-order period due to the current global increases in transportation and material costs.
Pre-orders are expected to open on 6 August 2022. Production is expected in September/October 2022. Delivery is expected in January 2023.
If you have questions, please email us.
Please register for emails (button "email when available") to be notified once pre-orders open. Registration for emails is not a pre-order registration!
Please use bundle discount SEALIFE if you want to save 10% on your Tarni shark. Buy "Thar She Blows" - the orca by Dirty Bird & get 10% off Tarni.
- Why is this toy so expensive? It's just a shark. This is a custom-grade toy made of special 0.4mm vinyl with flat body seams and a gradient ink-jet printing. Ink-jet printed toys are generally more expensive than screen-printed ones, because they are more difficult to print & handle in production.
- Will this be a limited run? Of course. Every run is limited by the amount of money that's available. When they're gone, they're gone.
- Will I be able to pay in installments? Yes. Choose the Splitit option at checkout, when you pay by credit card.
- Will this toy be available with SPH mod? The custom-grade version will not have an SPH option.
- How big is Tarni? She is bigger than an Intex shark but smaller than the 3m IW shark, which we think makes her an ideal size for riding, without being overly bulky. The inflated size is ca. 2.5m. Please see the size reference photo in the gallery.
- Do you ship to my place? I ship to anywhere where there is a postal system. Email us if you experience problems at checkout.
- Can I get exchanges or refunds for defective items? Yes, within reason: please see our refund policy.
- How long will this take for delivery? At this time we cannot anticipate the time frame between the start of pre-orders and delivery, but in the current economic environment severe delays may occur without notice. We will try to keep you updated as best as we can. Please follow us on Twitter for the most up-to-date information.
Update version: 5 August 2022