This is a placeholder and project information page to sign up for notifications for when this project for a prone inflatable pony princess toy turns into a real thing.
Read this carefully if you plan to pre-order this item.
The 3d models give an approximate idea of the product, which is currently being made into a sample. As with any such project, the outcome may differ from the 3d model but given past experience with this factory, I expect that the result will be close & recognisable.
Pre-orders will open, once a robust sample exists. I expect this to happen in February/March 2020. Anyone who signs up (button "Email when available") now will receive a notification by email when the pre-orders start. This is not a pre-order yet. I will additionally post this on Twitter & FB. Pre-orders will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
In order to avoid any disappointments: this pony will be small by the standards of a custom toy, because that is how ponies are. The overall length will be 190 cm; the body length nose-to-butt about 95 cm. For those who have no idea how this pans out in reality: take the 1.7m tall Hongyi pony princess, let down the legs... the prone inflatable has almost the exact same size, although this princess will be a little less chunky, more graceful, if it works out as planned (otherwise she'll be chunky too). If this strikes you as small for the price - it's the complexity of the build that counts.
The specifications are still being negotiated, but the intention is to make this in the same 0.4mm vinyl that the Dirty Bird orca is made of. Whether it will be ink-jet printed or screen printed is still open (my preference is for the latter). If it is ink-jet printed, then I can assure everyone it will be 99.9% robust and fit for everyday use. The siter pony "Praise the Sun" is likely to be made with digital prinbting in order to be able to print the colour gradients envisaged by the artist.
9 air chambers are currently planned for; only the body will have overlapping seams. Mane & tail may possibly get some reinforcements at critical points. These specs may change as the project matures, and more and updated information will be posted here - please do not ask for details in the meantime until the prototype has been made and published. I will try and keep everyone informed here and on Twitter/FB.
Finally: the price. While I will do my best to keep this affordable, 2020 has shown that there are many circumstances that can send any budget planning out of the window in no time. Therefore, the price may change until pre-orders open.
New information: "Worship the Moon" will be joined by "Praise the Sun", based on new art by Kilian. She will have the same pose but slightly different mane and tail. She will also most likely be digitally printed with colour gradients, like the artwork. There will be a bundle option for both princesses.
- Will this be a limited run? Of course. Every run is limited by the amount of money that's available. When they're gone, they're gone.
- Will I be able to pay in installments? Yes. Chose the Splitit option at checkout, when you pay by credit card.
- Will this toy be available with SPH mod? No, not the custom version.
- Do you ship to my place? I ship to anywhere where there is a postal system.
- Will there be a version with socks? Not printed socks - I am looking in having fabric socks made as an accessory for this toy.
- Will this take as long as the whales for delivery? I hope not, but after this year I won't give any guarantees. A new German/US-based forwarder will be entrusted with the logistics, so hopefully that will avoid some of the catastrophic mistakes made this time. The very tentative planning is to make the item in April/May for a delivery in late summer 2021.
Update version: 19 January 2021.